I get asked this question a lot "what do you do to win all that stuff you win?" Now I have not won huge stuff I think the most expensive thing I won was worth $100, but I have won a lot of small things and where I win with the blog contest is getting in on the low entry contests. First of all in order to get in on the blog contest here are a few things that I suggest:
- A separate email is essential for anyone entering contests on a regular basis. I have 3 email accounts that I use regularly, one for my everyday emails, one for blog contest emails, one for every other kind of contest emails. I enter a lot of blog contest and having a separate email for this is extremely important to me, I don't even want to think about the win emails I would have missed if I had all of my contest sent to only one email address. (My blog contest emails I average 150-200 emails a day. In my every other contest email address I average 200-250 emails a day.) Also it is important that you check your spam box everyday to make sure no win or important emails have ended up there. It has happened to me a couple of times so just keep that in mind, and most blog contest give you only 24 to 48 hours to respond to the win email if you do not respond in that time frame you miss out and they will pick a new winner. Again this has happened to me before and it sucks so CHECK YOUR EMAILS DAILY.
- Also a lot of contests want you to subscribe or follow their emails or whatever most of the time that is not mandatory but sometimes it is if you want to win that is another reason to have a separate account for contests you can send any subscriptions and what not to that address and then just delete what you don't want as you go through your emails. Some of them are great and tell you what new contests are out and whatnot so just keep that in mind.
- Blog contests almost always require a facebook like so if you have a facebook and you want to start entering blog contests keep in mind that you will probably end up with a lot of stuff in your news feed on a daily basis. Also you can only like up to 5,000 pages if you come across a contest you just have to enter but can't follow any more pages you might want to go through your like page and see what you can possibly unlike, I have to do this regularly.
- Blog contests also, a lot of the time, require a twitter follow. This is usually for extra entries and not always necessary, but it is nice to have it and it can help you win so if you do not have a twitter account it is a good idea to sign up for one. Keep in mind on twitter though that you can only follow 2,000 people until you have a lot of people following you. I have hit that cap and have to resort to what I suggested above about unfollowing people if it is something I really want.
- Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram are a few other accounts that come in handy when entering blog contests to net you extra points. I do not have a smartphone so I can not get an Instagram account which can be frustrating, but ohh well, moving on. If you want some help getting started with contest and are not sure where to go you can follow me on pinterest, there is a link at the very top right of this page just click the P and it will take you to my pinterest page I have a board strictly for contests that I enter and I keep it cleaned up and up to date, I try to erase old contests on a regular basis. Also you can follow me on twitter where I tweet a lot of the contest I enter, and google + these are all at the top of the page.
- I have a few places on this site to find some great contests Fun things I have found from others, and Bloggers that I like. I try to update this but sometimes I forget so I will try to work on that and add a few more to the lists, and I will add a few blogger buttons to the side bar of this blog post you should have seen them when you first got here.